Thursday, July 23, 2015

Closet Purge

A few weeks ago, I had the urge to simplify and reorganize our closets.  After sorting by color, J's preference for blue button down shirts was apparent!


Then it was my turn.


To my surprise, I had two full garbage bags of clothes to send away, that didn't quite fit or just didn't work anymore.  I did save one pair of shorts and one pair of capris that are a size too small, in the hopes that I may fit into them by the end of summer.  I hung shirts and skirts together as outfits on one hanger to save space (and not have to buy more hangers!)  In the blue laundry hamper are my clothes for fall and winter. 


On the other half of the closet, tee shirts got folded into the hanging bag.  Scarves are clipped to a hanging skirt hanger so they are easy to choose, and camisole straps looped through shower curtain clips on the bottom row of the skirt hanger.  The baskets are for swimsuits, workout clothes and pajamas.  The small drawers are just big enough for undie categories.  I keep a spare ironing board and iron up here in the bedroom for last minute touchups when getting ready.  It's not perfect, as advocated in the book "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up", but it works for me!