Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Preschool at Home

Kia and I are teaching Rz counting using the little wooden beads and a cupcake pan.  Which of course turns into a game of Making Cupcakes.  How could I resist supplying the little white paper liners to make it even more realistic.  


I've borrowed Homegrown Preschooler by Kathy Lee and Lesli Richards from the library and have been feeling inspired to provide fun and creative activities for Rz's learning.  I might have to break down and buy the Kindle version.


Such a cold and rainy/snowy day but still being early September, I'm loathe to fire up the big boiler in the basement.  So when we got home from swimming, we used up a few of our last precious logs from the woodpile to make a cozy fire to play beside.  Time for Daddy to go for a big wood-haul again!  He has a burning desire to invest in an efficient wood stove for this room, and I can't say I disagree, especially on a day like this.