Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Beautiful Oils


Shipment arrived Wednesday - a bunch of carrier oils and additions to the essential oils collection.  I'm looking forward to making some natural face and body potions before winter sets in.  My skin gets so incredibly dry when it's cold out so I've been researching oils for their healing benefits. 

A few of the essential oils that are really beneficial for dry and sensitive skin:  carrot seed, helichrysum, frankincense and lavender.  Also, I plan to add copaiba essential oil for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties.

I already use natural witch hazel with geranium and frankincense essential oils as a skin toner, and it smells wonderful.  Now to experiment with the carrier oils of calendula, sweet almond, apricot kernel, hemp seed, jojoba and rosehip.  Looks like a pleasantly fragrant season to come!