Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Closet Update, As Promised

gave away two huge and heavy blue bags of my clothing to an anonymous Kijiji requester after doing the Dress Your Type online course and realizing what I've been doing wrong all this time.  All this time I've been going for subtle greys, icy pinks and blues and ladylike accessories.  That isn't right for me at all!   Here's just part of what was deleted:



 (There's a link to the course at the very bottom of this page if you're interested.)  

These are the colors recommended for me:
 

No more black, white, navy or grey.  Nothing pastel.

So I went to Goodwill and invested about $60 on a wardrobe update.  I LOVE my new clothes!  Orange, gold, all kinds of yellow-greens and khaki.  Peacock blue, turquoise, cream, and reddish brown as a neutral.  Tan and brown leather shoes or bags.  Chunky and textured wooden, gold, amber and natural jewellery.  Lots of diagonal lines and angles.
 

I snapped the above photo this morning and I just realized that all my new earthy green clothes are in my giant laundry pile today!  Thus, no lovely green peeking out of the above assortment.

Once I get a good photo of myself I'll post my new look.