Thursday, April 10, 2014

Juiciness


I love juicing my breakfast, especially after a grocery run to the produce store!  This morning my juice was a juicy grapefruit, a small beet, the leafy top half of a bunch of celery, about 8 ripe strawberries, one peeled lemon, two carrots, an apple, and a small bunch of fresh parsley.  Mmmm.  I think the strawberries kicked it over the top for deliciousness!


Aren't the colors just so pretty?  

And then I juiced the rinds of the lemon and grapefruit separately and added the oily liquid to my spray bottle of DIY cleaning solution.  Every scrap of ground stuff gets tossed into the covered stainless steel compost bucket for our garden.  We're going to be doing trench composting this year, since our bins fill up so quickly!


Wouldn't the author of Zero Waste Home be so proud of me?