Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Common to Mommies

Decided to take a leisurely bath in our soaking tub after supper tonight.  Left the kids with Daddy downstairs and locked the bedroom door.  By the time I had dissolved the Epsom salts and essential oils, the commotion outside the door began.
"Mommy!  Mommy!  I need you!"
"Go talk to Daddy."
"But Mommy, Ry wound his yoyo string up in my hair and it won't come oooouuuut!"  Weeping ensues.
"Go tell Daddy.  He can fix it."
"But I want youuuuuu!"
So I let her in, relocked the door, and after a session with a bottle of conditioner, a pair of scissors and a bit of lost hair, we got the yoyo string out.  A couple seconds later, beating on the door begins.  "I coming IN!" announces a 2 year old voice.
"No you're not.  Go find Daddy."
"I come IN!"  More weeping; higher decibal range with this one.  I ignored him.  Then the 10 year old questions start.  "Mom?  Mom?  How do you make iced tea again?"
"I'LL TELL YOU LATER!  GO FIND DAD AND TELL HIM RZ NEEDS HIM!"
The bath didn't feel so relaxing anymore, so I got out and put the kids in instead.  And cleaned things up while I supervised them til J woke up from his nap.  I forgive him, though.  That little nap gave him the stamina to do the last coat of paint on my office tonight.  It all evens out, right?